My sweet Emily Olivia turned 10 yesterday. I've got to say that it was a great day for her and a bittersweet day for me. She got some fun presents and she was very excited. I can't believe that we went from presents like a Minnie Mouse just a few years ago to wanting an Edward (Twilight) tshirt now! WOW!! How does time go by so fast?
Since it was Ozzie's 10th birthday I am going to list 10 things that I LOVE about Oz!
1) Her beautiful personality - Emily is extremely positive and can roll with the punches. She is so accepting and willing to try anything. I truly admire this about her!
2) Her keen intellect - Oz has always been able to see the big picture and she really gets it. One of the funniest things I can remember her saying is this; One day at the lake a man that grew up with my father in law was driving by and stopped to talk. As he left my FIL turned around and said can you believe that, I haven't seen him in 30 years and I couldn't remember his name. Emily looked at him and said, yeah I believe it, you can't even remember where you put your glasses!
3) Her beautiful smile - Emily smiles from her toes up! She has a beautiful light the world smile and she amazes me with how ready to smile she is. She loves to have her picture taken, loves to pose and can always find a reason to turn the frown upside down!
4) Her laugh - Emily has this beautiful infectious laugh, even if I am angry about something if she starts laughing I am laughing too. Even as a baby she sounded like a cartoon baby when she would cry and even more when she would laugh. Her laugh can fill the whole room with joy!
5) Her wicked sense of style - Even when she was little Em had a great sense of style (she wore a castle shirt day in and day out!) ha ha She truly loves to dress up, work with clothes and accessories and wants to be a fashion designer (she even wanted fabric and sewing tips for her birthday!) She has already told Abbey that she will design any type of clothes that she wants!
6) Her love of animals - Em loves all creatures big and small and gets absolutely giddy if there is a dog in the vicinity. I've never met a kid that truly loves animals like Ozzie!
7) Her athleticism - Em will take on any sport and have the ability to master it almost instantly. She has a determination to win and do her best that is rare and admirable
8) Her creativity - Em loves to draw, paint, write, and will even scrapbook with me! The most amazing thing is she can find a way to do things that I would never come up with, I applaud her creativity and artistic nature because it is so not like me at all!
9) Her spunky attitude - Em can find a way to command attention and be the girl that everyone wants to be around. She will stand up to anyone and everyone for the things she believes them and it makes me so happy that she has a strong self-confidence and belief in herself. I wish every girl in the world had this and would keep it their whole life!
10) Her sense of Humor - Em can find a way to make something funny and be funny that is pure delight. I love the way she can view the world and find the humor in anything and everything.
Basically, I think there is so much to love and admire about this sweet beautiful girl. I love watching her and knowing that anything is possible!
Happy Birthday Emily! I look forward to continuing to watch you grow and I am so grateful to have you in my life and to be part of yours!!!